Public Administration is one of the very popular subjects in the Civil Services Exam. This subject helps the aspirants not just to qualify the exam, but it also helps them once they become Civil Servants. The subject is related to the policies and programs of the government and the underlying values and ethos of the governance. The following are pros and cons of opting for Public Administration as the optional subject.
* The subject will prepare you to be a future Civil Servant. You will have deep insights about the governance and the end goals of the public policies. These insights shall be helpful and will be reflected in your answers and personality. This is what actually UPSC is looking for in the aspirants. So you have a great edge over the others in this context.
* Public Administration for IAS is easier than the other optional subjects as its syllabus is short and easy in comparison to the syllabus of History, Geography, etc. It will help you to focus on the other difficult topics of the other papers.
* Study material and supplementary books related to Public Administration is easily available in the market and on internet.
* Paper II of Public Administration is related to Indian Administration. It includes topics and discourses related to governance and public policies in the news. So Current Affairs and the complex issues related to governance are covered in the great detail. This will give you an edge in understanding current affairs as well.
* The syllabus of Public Administration overlaps with about 60% of the syllabus of the General Studies. Polity and Governance related issues in Prelims constitute about 20% of the Prelims paper. Likewise General Studies Paper II of Civil Services Mains directly overlaps with the syllabus of Public Administration. Even in General Studies Paper IV i.e. topics like Foundational Values of Civil Services and Governance are covered, which are the parts of this optional.
* Subject involves theories in Paper I. You need to understand them clearly without ambiguity to write the answers based on them,
* You need to develop good writing skills and analytical skills to do the justice with the questions asked in the Exam.
Our Toppers in Civil Services
Civil Services Exam is one of the toughest exams in the world. For less than a thousand vacancies, every year more than a million aspirants compete. The competition is cut throat. There is no margin of error in any of the three stages of this exam. The life of aspirants is full of mental pressure and emotional challenges. Only the toughest ones are finally selected. Thus, IAS Toppers are real life champions. We are fortunate to train these real life champions, and we proudly proclaim to consistently produce them in our institution.
We at Pavan Kumar's IAS believe a world-class education will expand your choices and enrich your experiences, allowing you to fulfil your potential and make the most of life's opportunities.